Friday, March 18, 2016

Keeper of the Lost Cities drawings & review

Hi! Recently I've been on a reading kick. Yesterday I finished a book called Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger. I really enjoyed reading it:D
So, I drew some pictures of the characters (what I think they look like, not necessarily as they are described,) so I thought I'd show you my drawings and do a review of the book! 

First off, the review:
When I first started this book, I didn't like it, and I even considered not finishing it, but the story was intriguing so I kept going. The one big thing I didn't like about it was the pace. Shannon Messenger kind of just jumped into the story, without enough backstory of Sophie, the main character (in my opinion.) I also didn't like how Fitz kind of just walked up to her and was like "Hey, your an elf." and Sophie kind of just went with it. But after I got passed the beginning, I fell in love with the story. I loved the setting, the lost cities, and I loved the adventures that Sophie and her friends go on. Keeper of the Lost cities is a fast-paced novel with lovable characters and a captivating plot. I definitely recommend it! 

And now for the drawings...

Some of these are inspired by Keeper of the Cities fan art 
I saw on Google. I watermarked them so people can't steal them. Sorry, I know it's annoying.



This is the whole page in my sketch book. 


This is Sophie Foster, the main character.


This is Dex Dizznee, Sophie's best friend.


This is Biana Vacker, Fitz's sister.


This is Keefe Sencen, Fitz's best friend. 


This is Fitz Vacker, and I blurred out a lot of the picture because I horribly misspelled his very simple name  (I'm blaming it on the fact that I was watching a movie while drawing Fitz.) XD. 

This is off topic, but I got my cast off yesterday! For those of you who don't know, I broke two bones in my wrist while snowboarding a couple weeks ago. Now I just have to wear a splint for two weeks :D

So, which drawing is your favorite? 
Have you read Keeper of the Lost Cities?
Tell me in the comments!



7 comments:

  1. I LOVE KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES! :O You've got to read the rest of the series, they're all amazing!! :D
    I love the drawings you did! They're great! :)
    Yay for getting off your cast! That's awesome. ;)

    -Clara <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My friend recommended it to me, and I already knew that you and Emma (wack-a-dooldle dolls) both loved it, so I asked for it for Christmas! I cannot wait to read Exile! The cover looks so cool <3 Thank you!!!
      ~Lilah

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! Ooh, yes, Exile is AMAZING!
      You're welcome. :)

      -Clara <3

      Delete
  2. I have read this book before an quite liked it :) Awesome drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Thank you <3 I had a lot of fun drawing them!
      ~Lilah

      Delete
  3. KEEPER! YES!XD Keeper of the Lost Cities is my favorite series!:) I love your drawings, my favorites are Fitz and Sophie.:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too! Thank you so much!
      ~Lilah

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for writing to me :)