Monday, January 25, 2016

Life lately


Hey Ya'll:D How's it going?  (no, seriously, tell me! I love hearing from my readers.)  

Lately my life has consisted of classes and schoolwork. Since I am homeschooled, I take a lot of classes away from home. These past couple of weeks lots of new classes have started, like snowboarding, a wolf conservation class, and writing group! 



Snowboarding:  I had one lesson and I stink at it. True story: One of my first times going down the hill, which is a step up from the bunny hill and in my opinion is huge, I finally stood up on my snowboard, and I was thinking "Wow! I'm actually doing it!".  I started to drift to the left, which was really icy. When I tried to turn right, I tumbled and landed in a big hole in the snow. Go me. 



The wolf class:  This class is at a wolf conservation center and we learned about wolf behavior, habitats, breeds, etc. It was a blast! We met three of the ambassador wolfs, and this picture is of one of them looking at me. It was so cool! We also heard a wolf howl, and played a really fun game called wolves and bison! This class is going to be one of the highlights of my month. 






Writing group: I have a writing group that my family holds at our house and we are using the program One Year Adventure Novel. I am on Chapter six of my story about a girl who gets lost in the woods. Sounds boring, I know, but I like to think that it's not. Maybe I'll post it when it's finished but don't hold your breath because my goal is for it to be 100+ pages long. I am on page 35! 


I also started a photography class. I plan on doing a whole post on it, so keep an eye out ;)

Last but not least, I have been reading tons! I finished my audio book I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda 






And, I am almost finished reading Every Soul A Star by Wendy
Mass




What have you been up to? Are you homeschooled? Do you wish you were? Tell me in the comments!


Thanks for reading!



5 comments:

  1. I'm homeschooled, and it's the best! I definitely don't go to so many places as you seem to, though... ;) I just read The Call of the Wild, which is sort of about wolves, even though it's more about dogs. :)

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so cool! Yeah, my family does a mix of homeschooling and unschooling which is basically learning what your interested in. That books sounds cool, I'll have to look it up!
      ~Lilah

      Delete
  2. ooh, every soul a star is a really good book! i've read it, like, 5 times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome! I definitely plan to re-read it one day. Who was your favorite character? Mine was Ally. :D
      ~Lilah

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, Ally. She's my favorite, too. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for writing to me :)