Tuesday, December 1, 2015

How to get into the Christmas spirit!




Thanksgiving is over and you know what that means...... IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!! YAY! I am super in love with Christmas time,  Advent, and December, so I am thrilled that It's finally that time of year again :D Are you thrilled? If not, here is my list of things I do to get into the spirit!! 

1. Movies
Christmas movies are the best! They are perfect with a warm fire, hot cocoa, and soft pajama's. And snow. Lots of snow <3 
Here are some of my absolute favorite christmas movies: Elf (if you haven't seen this, do so NOW,) Snowglobe, Ruldolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, The Santa Clause, National Lampoon's Christmas vacation, While You Were Sleeping (one of my favs,) Home Alone, and Arthur Christmas. 

2. Pajamas
Christmas pajamas, or at least fuzzy pajamas are a must. Wear them to bed, around the house, or while watching one of the movies listed up there ^  ;)



3. Holiday baking
Break out the Christmas sprinkles! I love baking, and Christmas is the perfect time to do it! Here are some yummy-looking recipes I found on Pinterest:  Christmas vanilla cake roll  Egg nog Christmas cake White chocolate peppermint cookies I haven't tried any of these, so I can't promise you they taste good, or that they'll come out good, but they look good! 





None of these pictures belong to me. I am not trying to take credit for them. All credit goes to the rightful owners at the links above. 



4. Clothing/Fashion
Paint your nails red and green, and throw on a cute scarf and sweater! Ear muffs, Christmas socks, and Santa hat optional ;)




5. Christmas crafts 
I love making Christmas crafts! My favorite is ornaments for the tree, and also for presents for my family. Here are some fun crafts that are perfect for Christmas: 

 
Find out how to make this here
This picture does not belong to me. I am not trying to take credit for it. All credit goes to the rightful owner. 

6. Reading
Read a Christmas book! Some good ones are The gift of the Magi by O'Henry, The Christmas box by Richard Paul Evans, Candy Apple Books Confessions Of A Bitter Sweet Secret Santa by Lara Bergen, or even just the Christmas picture books! I still love reading those! 



7.  Music
One of my favorite parts of Christmas preparation is the music! On a typical December day, you can find me baking while blaring Michael Bubl√® Christmas. Or if you play an instrument, you can find inexpensive sheet music on website like http://www.musicnotes.com .




I hope these eight super fun Christmassy things helped you get excited! I know I can't wait! Have a great day, and thank you for reading! 
P.S. Sorry about the weird text sizes, blogger won't let me change them to make them all the same! 











5 comments:

  1. Great post! I never heard back from you about the design I made for this blog. Are you interested? Also, I'm having a blog design giveaway here : http://spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com/2015/12/winner-of-kittykatworkshop-giveaway-and.html

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very thankful for the blog design! I love, but I am very pleased with my current design:) Thank you very much for making me one, though! I think that it is extremely cool you know how to do that.

      ~Lilah

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lilah! If you ever get tired of your current design just shoot me an email! :)

      Allie D.
      www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
      www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for writing to me :)