Wednesday, August 26, 2015

AGP New York.

Recently it was my birthday and I wanted to go to American Girl Place! I went to the one in New York city and it was amazing. I brought Lilah along and she loved the big city. The store is so big! I have been there before, but I don't remember a lot of it. American Girl has made it so it's not only a store, it's an experience.

There is so much to look at, I could of spent hours there. I really loved browsing the Truly Me floor.  The dolls were so pretty. My very generous Grandparents told me I could pick out a doll as my present... but there were so many! I went in deciding between TM 44 or Kaya, but when I got there I saw TM 58.... I'll show you some pictures and then tell you what doll I ended up getting! 



This is 58. Could she get any cuter? 


The beautiful Kaya. 


The beautiful Grace.




Lilah with 58. I love this one because it looks like 58 is taking the picture.


Caroline is SO pretty. I wish she wasn't retiring! 


Ugh I just love her. Especially in pig tails. 


Bad picture because the GOTY's were in a cases, but Jess <3



Kanani! Her hair is so long and beautiful. 


Kit. If my sister didn't have her, I would consider getting her. 


Love these two. 


This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. Love the doll, love the dress, and especially love her hair! It is so silky and pretty, and makes for great pictures!



My dad kept making Lilah photo-bomb my pictures. 




Lilah in Grace's bakery. 


Another photo-bomb (thanks dad.)


Posing with kit, and half of Josefina! 


I just love Caroline. I would consider getting her also, if she didn't look like Lilah. 


Lilah wishes she could horse back ride.


Making friends. 


I liked this doll also. 


                          She was dreaming that she lived here. 

So that's it for the store! I had the time of my life. I was walking around the store and I suddenly thought "If Lilah had a brain, what would she think of this? All these dolls look just like her, but they're behind cases...." 

It's actually kind of a strange thought.  Okay, now for what you've all been waiting for....



















A blurry picture of my dog! YAY! Oh, whats that you say? You want to see a picture of my new doll? Oh, okay. Well here she is!




Yes, I went with 44. I really love 58 and Kaya, but 44 is the one for me (For now. I hope to ask for 58 for Christmas and eventually get Kaya.) But I am SO happy with my choice. 44 is really special to me because she is the first doll I've ever picked out from the store. All my other ones I've got for Christmas. I can't keep calling her 44, so I'll tell you her name. Her name is Abilieen! I am currently reading The Help, which is where I got the name Abilieen from. In case you are wondering, I really love The Help so far! 

So I didn't buy much, other than my doll, but I'll tell you what I did get. I do not by any means mean to sound like I'm bragging. I love when people post AG hauls, so I thought I'd share what I got. 

  • I got a hair brush, since AG recommends the wire ones, and I've been using plastic. 
  • I got the New York souvenir shirt.
  • And I got the lime glasses Abilieen is wearing! I love them on her!


Gosh, this is a long post. And I'm going to make it longer. Sorry if this takes you days to read. 

Here is a little bit of Abilieen's personality (even though I haven't had her long enough to really figure it out.)

She is spunky. She is confident. She stands up for what she believes in. She is outgoing. She is unique. She likes bright colors. Her favorite color is lime green. She is talkative and loud. She wears what she wants, even though it sometimes doesn't match. She is an artist. 

So basically she is the exact opposite of Mae, who likes neutral colors and is quiet. I took some pictures of her (which resulted in three mosquito bites) but it was SO worth it. Here's what I got. 










I haven't even edited them yet. She is just so stunning. 

So that's all! I had a great birthday, and I am so happy about Abilieen. Also, in case anyone is confused... my doll is named Lilah, and I am named Lilah. There are two Lilah's. My doll does not write my blog. 
Thanks for reading!



6 comments:

  1. What if dolls are like robots or something, and you need to pick one up and play with it for it to have a personality. So at the AG store you're standing around with a bunch of mannequins till you bring it home.

    Welcome, Abilieen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new doll, she is so pretty! I would love to go to AGP new york but I live in a completley different country! I really love the name Abilieen, its so pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Her name is so fun and unique and I really love her personality! She looks so adorable in lime green. I feel like sometimes #44 is sidelined by more popular Truly Me dolls but she is so pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know right? Lime green is definently her color.

      ~Lilah

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for writing to me :)