Sunday, July 26, 2015

Artist trading cards

I started making artist trading cards! I got the idea from clarascraftcorner.wordpress.com who got it from flourishingbyrestfulfalls.wordpress.com . 

Artist trading cards are 2 ½ by 3 ½ cards that you decorate and trade with friends! They are really fun to make. Here are the ones I made so far. 



This one is a picture of a birdhouse over sheet music page borders. I colored the extra white space with orange marker. 



For this one I wrote the words Summer Fun and colored the background. Then I colored in the words summer fun. I added a bunch of glittery summer themed stickers. 



This one was my first and is my favorite. I colored it with a pink highlighter and than added an adhesive border for scrapbooks.  I put on a 3-D cupcake sticker and then little word stickers that say "Sprinkle magic wherever you go" I thought that was clever because there are sprinkles on the cupcakes. 



This one is my second favorite. I colored it with a marker and then glued on a stamp scrapbook accessory. I then wrote LOVE with a marker. 


This one was totally random. I was thinking about Hello Kitty and came up with Hello Doggie. 


For this one I used music note page borders and glued a scrapbook paper heart. Then I dipped a black tea bag in warm water and squeezed the tea bag until the water was dark brown. Then I dipped a paint brush in and painted several coats all over everything. It took about two hours to dry. Now to looks really cool! I might add a music quote to this one, to spice it up a bit. 


So those are the ATC's I have made so far! They are really fun to make. If you decide to make some, do a post about it! I'd love to see yours! Also, look for more of these posts, as I plan to make a lot more trading cards. Thanks for reading! 

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes my aunt puts on an art show at my cousin's school and while the grown ups wander around looking at art the kids make trading cards or buttons. I made an angry flower, a whale, and an elf. They were just drawings. Yours are really cute and well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really cool! Thank you:)

      Delete
  2. These are amazing!!! Have you heard about the ATC challenge I'm doing all August?? Check it out here: https://flourishingbyrestfulfalls.wordpress.com/2015/07/19/never-underestimate-a-cool-idea/ and here: http://horsemorsels.biz/atc-summer-challenge-2015/ to get all the information you'll need and if you want to sign up email ourswapshop(at)outlook(dot)com. We’ll just need to know 4 simple things:

    Your first name

    Your age

    If you’re a boy or a girl

    Your parent’s email address

    Hope you sign up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out and it seems like so much fun! I can't believe that you set that up! I am going to ask some of my friends if they want to do it with me. I have a question though, My mom says I would be able to set up the clothes pin art show at my church, but I wouldn't be able to sell them there. would I be able to just set up a display and collect donations? I'm really excited about this! Thank you so much for letting me know!
      ~Lilah

      Delete
    2. Well I have help from my three older sisters and mom :). Of course, thats the point that people donate whatever they see fit. If you display them at your church will you leave it up all the time (I'm just curious)? That would be great if you got your friends interested!! You're the first Official person to sign up but I've had a lot of girls saying they are going to. :D

      Delete
    3. I don't know how I would do it at church yet:) I also might set it up at my aunts yard sale. Maybe both! I am really excited about this, and I think it's great you're doing it:)

      Delete
    4. That's fine, I was just wondering :). A yard sale is also a good idea! I'm really excited also! Maybe you should share it here on your blog because you might have different readers than me. And of course tell all your friends :). Also, I'm sorry we haven't gotten back to you about your registration--no, you don't have to participate on all 15 days of themes :).

      Delete
    5. Yeah, I will share it! I've told all my friends! I hope they decide to enter, It seems like it's going to be so fun!

      Delete
    6. I have a question, do you have to donate your cards to the art sale?I saw that on a different set of rules I didn't see before.
      Sorry for all the questions!

      Delete
    7. It's fine! No, you do not have to donate the cards you make. This is what the sit says about it: "We would be thrilled if you decide you’d like to, and you might earn enough funds to donate hundreds of art kits to children in the hospital. But that decision is totally up to you. You are welcome to participate in the Summer Art Challenge and then keep your artwork for yourself. After all, you’re the artist; you get to decide what to do with your cool artwork!" Do you happen do have a friend named Ava?

      Delete
    8. It's fine! No, you do not have to donate the cards you make. This is what the sit says about it: "We would be thrilled if you decide you’d like to, and you might earn enough funds to donate hundreds of art kits to children in the hospital. But that decision is totally up to you. You are welcome to participate in the Summer Art Challenge and then keep your artwork for yourself. After all, you’re the artist; you get to decide what to do with your cool artwork!" Do you happen do have a friend named Ava?

      Delete
    9. Oh okay, I must of seen rules from a different thing. It said that you have to donate 80 percent of of the cards you made. Okay, just making sure! Thank you! I do have a friend named Ava, but I didn't tell her about the challenge.

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for writing to me :)