Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Since Thanksgiving is over,  my family and I have been doing a lot of preparing for Christmas,  and celebrating Advent.

On Nov. 30 we went to our little church by the sea to make an Advent wreath. The results came out great!


 Grace and I walked down the street to the beach to collect sea shells  for the wreath.

I'm really glad we attended this, and I look forward to doing it again next year! I am excited because today we can light two purple candles.

                          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We've also been busy decorating our house for christmas.  The front of our house has our regular wreaths we put up every year, a mini christmas tree, which we have yet to get ornaments for, and a big ornament wreath that we feel in love with at BJ's. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Last night we finally got around to putting up our tree! It has lights, but no ornaments yet.  Hopefully we can do that tonight.

                            <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>



Christmas is one of my favorite times to art journal. 
For this page,  I drew my own version of art for kids hub's Santa (to check out their website click here )
and ripped up scrapbook paper.  I glued the scrap book paper on the page around Santa, and wrote things that we do every year for Christmas on the individual pieces of scrapbook paper. I did the background almost like patches, because I always imagined Santa's bag to be tattered with patches all over it.





<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>



Even Crosby has the Christmas spirit!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for writing to me :)